In its first two years the Outlander PHEV has had staggering success in the UK becoming Britain’s best-selling plug-in hybrid.
We have put together our top eight reasons why we believe the Outlander PHEV would be a great purchase for any driver:
- The PHEV can achieve an incredible 156mpg thanks to its combination of a highly efficient petrol engine and an electric battery.
- Producing CO2 emissions of just 42 g/km the Outlander PHEV is completely exempt from road tax with no congestion charge either!
- You can travel up to 32 miles in EV mode, which is enough to cover most commutes in urban areas reducing the cost to you and the environment.
- When combined with its 2.0-litre petrol engine the PHEV has an impressive total range of up to 541 miles.
- The Outlander PHEV is the same price as the regular Outlander diesel but thanks to it plug-in hybrid technology, it qualifies for the Government’s £5,000 grant to buyers of plug-in hybrid cars.
- Like all Mitsubishi vehicles, the Outlander PHEV is a safe and reliable car with seven airbags, Active Stability Control with Traction Control system and City Crash Provision, with higher spec models also including Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Departure Warning. In addition, for complete peace of mind, the PHEV also comes with a five year warranty as standard.
- The Outlander PHEV comes with a generous array of standard features including audio system with Bluetooth connectivity and USB port, Comfort Tech seats, Front fog lamps with chrome ring, steering wheel mounted controls and silver roof rails. Higher spec versions will also see the addition of Multi around monitor, corner sensors, heated steering wheel and heated front seat.
- Even though the Outlander PHEV is a plug-in hybrid it still performs well with a top speed of up to 106mph and a 0-62mph time of 11 seconds.